Each year, my students have had to answer the following questions about me:
In general, what did you expect from your A.I. when you consulted with him or her?
Were your expectation met? If not, what was not up to your expectations?
How useful to you were your A.I.’s comments on projects and assignments?
Did the feedback help you improve in later assignments?
What suggestions do you have for your A.I. that would improve his or her performance in subsequent courses?
Here’s what they have to say:
T-206 Feedback (Fall 2014)
- Be more “cut and dry” and “to the point”
- Include a little more written feedback
- give a little bit more specific feedback
- To reply to emails faster
- Be more confident in what you do & say. Overall, very nice AI. Love Ken
- Ken was a good AI, he related to the students very well and was good at helping us out. There were many assignments in the course, he was good at coaching us through them.
- More tough on time. I slacked a lot and was not given lower grades for late work
- My expectations were met. I enjoyed Ken.
- Continue as usual, your pedagogy is solid, your dedication is self evident.
One student said:
I expected guidance and tips/advice, and that’s what Ken gave me.
This was the lifeline of improving my work for this course.
Yes, Ken is very knowledgeable.
I think Ken did a great job, and had a great way of explaining and relating to me.
Attentiveness, Patience, Knowledge
Yes Ken isn’t the AI that we needed, but the one we deserved
very useful, helped turn okay work into good work
Wear more dope a$$ shirts [sic]
T-101 Feedback (Spring 2014)
- grade faster
- Be on time, if not early
- very Helpful. I did better because of them.
- Do better at encouraging class discussion
- I expected what I got, quick informative and straight to the point
- be a little less awkward
- He did a great job of explaining my questions
- My AI’s comments were very helpful
- Kenneth is great, and anyone who says otherwise is a d******t
Ken’s teaching this year was beyond anything I would have expected from previous classes with AI’s. He did a phenomenal job as an AI. My expectations were met and passed. He did a great job of explaining everything and being readily available. Ken should keep doing as he is doing and he will be great. Overall I give him 10/10.
T-101 Feedback (Fall 2013)
- Fun and helpful
- Give feedback
- Other than emails, there was no feedback
- have more direct conversation with lecturer, there was some discontinuity
- Explain his grading technique give more feedback on the work
- Keep doing what you’re doing, better than any other AI I’ve had
- None, change nothing
- Liked his casual style. Made info easy to understand. And fun.
- Ken has been helpful and has led lively discussions, I attended every one.
- A kind hard working person
- Ken is the man. Very helpful and knowledgeable. Outstanding.
- Ken Rosenberg is dope as f**k.
“KEN’S DISCUSSIONS WERE INTERESTING BECAUSE THEY COULD GO ANYWHERE; HE WAS VERY OPEN TO DISAGREEMENT WITH COURSE CONCEPTS, AS LONG AS YOU COULD SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENTS. VERY PERSONABLE, VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE.”
“My AI was very useful in his comments on my assignments, helping me to learn from my work.”
“KEN IS A FAIR GRADER AND OVERALL A GREAT AI. HE WOULD ASK QUESTIONS TO STIMULATE THINKING IN REGARDS TO OUR WEEKLY LECTURES. HES VERY SWEET, FUNNY AND APPROACHABLE AND PEOPLE IN OTHER DISCUSSIONS WERE JEALOUS THAT I HAD HIM AS A AI. THANKS FOR A GREAT SEMESTER!! GREAT FEEDBACK ON WORK.”
One student said:
I expected advice on the subject/knowledgeable answers which I always received from Ken
Yes. Ken is very well versed and passionate about media
Very useful, he helped guide big projects in the right direction.
Ken as an ideal AI, no improvements necessary
Ken has been one of the best AIs I have had for a course here at IU. He prepared us for the tests and clarified any misunderstood material from the lectures. There is nothing better he could do because he was already really good at being an AI.
I didn’t expect anything really, but he has been an amazing source for Q’s & help.
I again, didn’t have expectations except to be at class & help, which he did.
Didn’t really get comments, but when asked As before the deadline he was very helpful.
I really enjoyed the discussion, always excited and passionate about what was being discussed.
Another student said:
I expected a practical answer for whatever question I had.
Very. My AI was honest and helpful.
No, as we only had two assignments
Talk more to your students when they are having a problem rather than expecting them to talk to you.
I expected guidance on course projects/material
Very useful, comments helped to improve my creative project for semester.
Keep doing what you’re doing Ken, you’re awesome.